DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at about 5 of these a few at dealerships and 2 private party. I really like the all wheel disc brakes, but I have noticed that all the valve covers leak oil. Is this a common problem and can it be stopped with an aftermarket gasket of better quality? And all you 2001 sport owners tell me what you think of your ride and what problems have you had?

I would like to say thank you ahead of time for any and all the information you can pour my way..

Still searching :help:

·
DFFL
1,219 Posts
My mom has a 2000 Grand Caravan Sport. She likes it, just leaked oil and the dealer put in a new gasket. That is all that is really wrong with it. And the passenger window only rolls down once in a while, must be a loose wire. Has a little over 90000 miles now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't fall in love with the 4-wheel disk brakes. Rear drums last longer, are cheaper to replace, and stop just as well.

I have an 03 grand caravan sport with 4 wheel disks, bought it used so I had no choice on the brakes. I am happy all-around with its performance. It has a 3.8 engine and I have gotten 27 mpg on some highway trips.

·
Registered
15 Posts
have 93K on 2001 GC sport. Only problems -water pump replaced at 87K, and now AC needs recharge; pass window inop ( probably the motor). No Oil leaks
I do NOT have rear discs but I would get them as they are much easier DIY to replace and as you may know the brakes on the GC are a weak point
hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.