DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Something weird started happening with my 2001 Durango SLT+.

Usually the radio just turned off with the key. Sometimes if you leave the key in the ignition, it would turn back on until you opened the door.

Now the radio seems to have a mind of it's own. Sometimes it turns off with the key, other times it turns off with the door, sometimes when you turn the headlights off, other times you have to turn the headlights on and back off again, the one time it definitely turns off is if you lock the truck with the factory keyless remote.

Is this somehow correlated to a possibly failing headlight switch? I know that my switch sometimes you have to flip it on or off or whatever to get the backlighting to come on....but all the lights still work fine.

I never really understood what kept the radio on or off on these trucks after you turn the engine off... Can someone please shed some insight or help me track down what's wrong - if there is something wrong.

Thanks in advance,

George

· Todd O
936 Posts
My radio on my 02 durango doesn't stay on when I turn it off it does in my 07 jeep wrangler but I didn't know the rango even came with that option. It does sound like a wiring issue and you might need to get it checked out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.