DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T ... all stock... any way I am looking for front and rear break pads for my car. I have been to the dealership, and they are trying to sell me some name brand break pads for $120 for front and about $80 for rear... they also have some cheaper front and rear pads, but that is exactly what they are "cheap." from what I hear they make a horrible grindding noise... any way I anyone knows of a good brand or a good place on the net to buy some it would be most helpful...

·
Moose
4,478 Posts
well bendex is a good brand if you go to the higher priced ones,. I never buy the cheap stuff it wont last as long. For a caravan my parents had I bought a set of pad that cost $20 and within 6 months had to change them out becuase of noise and found out what it was the pad material was seperating from the metal plate it mounts too

·
Registered
57 Posts
Forget the dealership. Go to any decent autoparts dealership or Midas and get life time guaranteed parts. The factory pads and rotars the manufacturers are putting on nearly all cars are pure crap. Thats why their 30K warranties specifically exclude brakes - even under a 1000 miles. Midas will do the job cheaper and with better parts then the dealer can even offer.

Ford, Chevy and Dodge are cutting every corner they can to offer the cheapest up front pricing possible - brakes are one area that is getting cut. Typical new car brakes last about 20K in normal driving. My company has 4 Impalas, all rotars replaced by 25K, new Crown Vics are lucky to make it to 20K (except Police Specials), my 2004 Stratus is in dire need of rotors at 18K and it's seen very light duty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.