Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody....

Question from a newbie......I just bought this 2001 Ram Sport 4X4 5.9L gas shortbox---now...it is a quadcab and has 4 wheels disc brakes. It has both
front and rear sway bars.

It came from the factory with Michelin LTX 265X75X16 on 16 X 8 wheels. Although the sticker on the door pillow says 16 X 7.5 and 245 X 75 X 16 tires.
The sticker says that the truck was built on september 2000. From the "Z" in the VIN it was built in St-Louis.

It has a class 1V hitch and 5 leaves suspension.
It is 5 leafs because there is the first regular overload leaf plus the 3 regular leaves plus another overload leaf sitting 1/2 inch on top of the 3 regular ones. I found that out trying to find the right model of Firestone Ride Rite
air suspension system. The model number and description did not seem to match the rear suspension of my truck.

From the information I gathered on the internet, it would be called a 2001.5
Is that true ???To me it seems to be a kind of hybrid, sitting as a 2001 on my registration papers with changes(disc brakes for example) that appeared only on the 2002 model.

Since I bought this truck used .....is it possible these "changes" where installed to repair a badly damaged truck ???

Who is right ??? Can someone explained ???

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
The rear springs you refer to are part of the Camper Package. Rear Disc Brakes were an option on the 2500 and 3500 series with certain packages like the tow and camper packs. There are other goodies added for the Plow Prep pack like the 142 amp Alternator. Check the inside of the glove box for a build sticker and look for the other under the hood. They will give you a good amount of info. See the Dodge web site for more or look into picking up a Haynes Manual for about $15 at the local parts store. Good luck... Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.