DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way to work this morning my truck acted like it was not getting fuel when I depressed the accelerator. It idled fine, but when the accelerator was pushed again, it acted like it was bogging down and would loose speed. All at once it would take off like nothing was wrong and run like a scalded ape, a mile or so down the road it would do the same thing. When I got to work, I checked the fault codes and 1596 and 1693 came up. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
P1596 Speed Control Switch Always High.
Speed control switch input above maximum acceptable voltage.

This is the fan control on your heater/AC, what does the voltmeter show on the instrument panel?

P1693 DTC Detected in PCM/ECM or DTC Detected in ECM.
A Companion DTC was set in both the ECM and PCM.

This shows that the truck and engine computers both know about the voltage problem...shows up with most trouble codes that are displayed too.

Back to your engine problem, it could be fuel gelling in these cold temperatures. Many owners pour Power Service 911 in their fuel tanks to solve this. When it's supposed to get below 0*F here, I'll buy a coupla gallons of kerosene and pour in the tank.

Do you have a lift pump fuel pressure gauge? Check out the New Guy Info.

·
Registered
39 Posts
heater motor

i just replaced mine 01 also.mine didnot put a coad out.i found a new blower around 70 bucks.the dealer wanted over 200.however i did have to splice wires[no big deal]and reuse gasket i carefully pulled off the roller-cage.and it diddnt brake.i was haveing problems with my heat working on low.so i replaced that resister thing next to the blower motor.and the new one broke also and a friend told me my blower motor was drawing to much juice.when i took it out i couldnt even turn it by hand so i replaced both and its good now.do you always get fuel at same place?i was told from our fuel stop he just started to blend after some started to come back to him with gell problems.as for my fuel i always use a adder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The voltmeter on the cluster was showing 14.5 on the way home and the temperature had gotten up in the low 50's. I had no problems. This morning the fault codes had cleared and I had no problems. I think the fuel gelling might have been the issue. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.