DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need to know details on swapping the 2001 2.7 for the 2004 3.5 HO. I have both cars for parts changing. The 2001 blew up 2 months ago a few weeks after changing the water pump. After that I had no oil pressure because gunk all through the engine from anti-freeze. So I pulled the valve covers and dumped about 5 gallons of very hot kerosene all over everything till it filled to the top and I hand turned the engine 40-50 revolutions. Then took the timing cover off again and removed the oil pan to change the oil pump, and oil pickup that goes from oil pump down in the pan. When I took the oil pan off I found 3 bolts which I realized were missing from the water pump and somewhere else. There is no way I dropped the bolts in the pan.The idiot I had helping me must of done it on purpose to try to get paid even more. Well it ran better than ever for 2-3 months then 1 day at 100+ MPH the whole engine blew apart. Upon taking it apart I found a 4th bolt that must of wiggled up above the crank cover and it threw 2 rods, busted pistons, and a large chunk of the block was gone.

I have a wrecked donor car I'm using to swap everything out that the police had put a Jasper Rebuild Eng&Tran according to paper work I got with it there is under 20k miles on the rebuild. I have the 04 3.5 engine & trans in the 2001 car bolted up. I'm just not sure what way to go from here. Should I cut and splice the whole harness so I can put the 3.5
computer in it? What about modifying the harness on the engine to plug into the old 2.7 computer? :help:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.