DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Dodge Status ES, 2.5 L engine. At the end of acceleration, right when you take your foot off of the gas pedal, there is a squeaking sound, almost as if when the car rocks slightly backward due to the decline in speed. The squeaking sound is also apparent when the engine switches gears, again, I believe, due to the change of the cars motion due to a slight, brief reduction in speed. It is particularly noticeable at low speeds, but even at higher ones too. It is extremely annoying. It sounds like something is not lubricated and something is rubbing like a squeaky spring, but I can’t tell where; definitely from the front part of the car, though. I have had the struts replaced; didn’t change anything.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Please help, it is extremely annoying and is driving me crazy!!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
First you need to determine if it is drivetrain or suspension related. Have you tried rocking or bouncing the car with the engine off? If you hear it then get under the car & have someone else rock it. If not then possibly a squeaky serpentine belt or worn engine mount ??? Let us know what you find. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, there is no sound when bouncing the car up and down on either front end, but it is a bit hard as the struts are fairly strong.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would strongly suggest checking your front ball joints and greasing them with a needle greaser if they do not have any zerk fittings. I had a very similar problem about a month ago and it stopped as soon as I get them all lubed up.

·
Registered
740 Posts
"needle greaser" ?? Interesting. Makes sense but I didn't know there was such an animal. I assume you poke it through the rubber boot like giving a shot. Where can you get them & how much $$.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hmm, I got mine from Auto Zone, not sure if "Needle Greaser" is the exact name but I am pretty sure they will know what your talking about if you ask for it. And it should not be any more than 7 or 8 dollars :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts