DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
<<RamiNator>>
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Sport QC. When I purchased it used, I noticed that it has a small red led button on the left side of the steeringwheel on the dash panel. I was told that it had to do something with an alarm but he didn't know much about it. I have not touched it for fear of setting the "alarm" off and not being able to shut it off.

Does anyone know for sure what this button is and if it is an alarm, can I get the keyless remote that would turn it off and on? If so, where from. The button looks like you could push it in but I'm not sure.

Thanks

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Sounds like an alram to me. Its not an OEM one either. OEM alarm has the red light on the overhead console. Is your keyless entry factory or is it an aftermarket unit

·
<<RamiNator>>
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does have a red light but sits just to the right of the headlight switch. The other problem is, I don't have a keyless remote so I'm not sure if it OEM or aftermarket,,,I'll trace it back to see what I can find..

thanks

·
Illinois Boy
1,018 Posts
I have a DEI alarm on my truck, and under the red light there is a little button, I pushed it once and it didnt do anything, but I havent played with it much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.