DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a rough idle and a check engine light on my r/t just gave it a major tune up any one have any ideas on the rough idle? also when the hood is open it smells like gas is it running too rich? or maby a bad o2 sensor have not changed the o2 sensor since i bought the truck?can a 02 sensor affect the idle and make it run rich?

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Year? Engine? Codes? How about holding your computer a little closer to the engine? (just kidding).

More info would be good!

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
Warren! Come on now, read the title of the thread, 2000 r/t... :spank: :spank: :spank: :whackit: :whackit: :whackit: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick:

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
Now in terms of the actual question....

o2? Maybe, any codes, check engine light on?

Maybe you have a leak on your exhaust / intake manifolds.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry, i am just really frustrated with my lack of being able to fix the check engine light challenge my d is a 2000 with about 15o,ooo miles on it,i replaced the cat new autolite 5224s ,hotwires spark plug wires, cap, rotor, pcv valve,k and n air filter synthetic oil and screamon demon ignition coil, i have taken this thing to the dealer a bunch of times and they can not figure it out, but i also forgot to ask them what the codes were from the diagnostic. i guess i shoud start there?sorry i do not know to much about newer vehicles, i was really good with volkswagons though!! anyways thanks!!!!

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
Take it to auto zone or most other auto parts stores and they'll read your codes for free. Then come back here and post them.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Turn the ignition key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON. Any codes should read in the odometer.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
My apologies, Chivo...no more answering questions while heavily drinking...lol (I missed the y2k, 5.9 in the title). Go & get those codes & let's get busy!

<---embarrassed smart- (_|_)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am back still drinkin still have a problem with the DURANGO DTC CODE IS A 306 CYLINDER #6 MISFIRE i already changed all the plugs wires cap rotor i think maby a injector is bad? idunknow!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.