DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 Intrepid (2.7l engine, 88K miles) is stalling whenever I decelerate rather rapidly, for instance coming to a stop sign on a highway from 60+ mph. Not too long ago I put in about a gallon of gas leftover from the lawn mower and snowblower, and it had some water in it, so I'm assuming this is a factor. The car only began to stall right after I did this stupid move, and otherwise starts and drives just fine.
I recently added a fuel line cleaner with Isopropyl alcohol (like HEET) in hopes of clearing the water out. Since adding the cleaner I haven't driven vehicle and was wondering if this may help. Would it be better, and less expensive, to just put in pure Isopropyl alcohol? Any other suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

·
2.7 Trauma Surgeon
963 Posts
Its common for a bad crankshaft or camshaft sensor to cause the stalling you describe. Check the throttle body and IAC motor too to see if they are dirty.

I would say fill it up to dilute that old gas as best as possible and add the heet to it. If it doesnt clear up after a tank of gas, then it probably wasnt the fuel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.