DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought this 2000 Dodge Caravan. has 180,000 miles on it 3.3 Liter Flex Fuel. Sometimes it starts up right away but most of the time it take about 3 to five seconds to start. I have changed the Spark plugs, Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter. Repaired a vacuum line, new Air filter. Any ideas where to go from here would be very helpful. It runs great when it starts but I depend on this van for my business and this not starting right away at times is making me nervous... Think I am going to change the Crankshaft position sensor next although no check engine light is on. Any feedback would be a great help before I go broke throwing parts at this thing... Thanks so much !!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just bought this 2000 Dodge Caravan. has 180,000 miles on it 3.3 Liter Flex Fuel. Sometimes it starts up right away but most of the time it take about 3 to five seconds to start. I have changed the Spark plugs, Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter. Repaired a vacuum line, new Air filter. Any ideas where to go from here would be very helpful. It runs great when it starts but I depend on this van for my business and this not starting right away at times is making me nervous... Think I am going to change the Crankshaft position sensor next although no check engine light is on. Any feedback would be a great help before I go broke throwing parts at this thing... Thanks so much !!!
I put the Crankshaft position sensor on it and had no effect... It seems to start right up in the morning then during the day takes about 5 seconds cranking to start up...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts