DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MAX AC button on my wifes Caravan has quit working. When you push it, it does light up, but the baffels do not change position to recirculate inside air. Is this probably just a button problem (and can just that button be replaced), or a servo somewhere?

·
Registered
114 Posts
There is a procedure for running a reset and diagnostic test of the AC system, "cooldown test". it involves holding down certain buttons on the panel. I will get you the instructions and post. Hopefully, someone else may have them handy and can post them. You may also want to search the old posts.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I rant again - life was certainly better before every component on a vehicle became controlled by some kind of computerized controller

it may be change but it sure as hell is not progress

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks 2000, I would really like to fix it as the recirc. in summer here makes a big difference.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2000TC, Did you ever find the procedure for running diagnostic on the AC switch?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here you go...

1] start engine
2] slide AC controls to the left (Cold)
3] set vent to panel (full left)
4] fan control to top speed
5] Press Rear Wiper Button and Rear Washer Button At The Same Time (top and bottoms buttons on left side)
6] Hold until All Lights Illuminate Together then release
7] Unit will Cycle for a few minutes
8] When done, the rear wiper light will be flashing.
9] Push flashing button and you are done.

Let me know if this works.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I will try tonight.

ps: this isn't one of those "Lets both shave our heads for school tomorrow" deals is it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.