DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY--my 2000 durango seems like it doesnt want to stop,i have recently replaced all the shoes so i know its not that.Sometimes you will feel like it doesnt want to stop and the wheels will lock up and skid on the road as if you hit the brakes hard when you really didnt.I noticed that the brake fluid was low on the back of the master cylinder near the booster,so i topped that off,but still the same---does it sound like it could be the master cylinder or maybe the booster?---thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Could be air in the lines, have you tried bleeding the system?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEY--i have not bled them since i changed all the pads ,i did bleed them then ,but it is my wifes vehicle and i cant be sure if it was doing it then or later on--but i will bleed them again and check for leaks and then see what happens---has anyone else had this problem and it be the master cylinder---thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Had a similar problem with my old pickup truck. Kept bleeding the lines, and I kept getting more air in them. It turned out to be the wheel cylinder.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for reply--still have not got around to bleeding it--had to replace radiator today in my 97 ss/t after 153 thousand miles--thanks

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
I moved your first thread then realized you already had one here so I merged the two threads the realized it would be double posts so I deleted the two that would have been double posts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.