DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im replacing my rotors and i want to know if the 2000 D's have open rims or not.. its the stock 16' rims... im sure a bunch of you guys know... thanks!

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
what do you mean by an "open rim"?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not quite sure but my friend who im getting my parts from asked me if i knew if it was an open rim or not.. because the premium rotors are better for open rims...

·
King Daddy D.O.G!!!
2,475 Posts
Open rims have open air gaps between the spokes. Standard stamped steel rims are not open rims. Those on my D are open.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohh i got it.. my rims are similar to that and it has openings in between the spokes.. so that means my rims are open rims... right?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
The only "better" is for looks if you care about that. Drilled, dimpled, slotted etc are advertised for that. You really can't see much of the rotor behind the stock rims. When you move up to 20" or bigger rims with slim spokes, then you can really see the rotors. And boy do they look tiny behind 20" wheels.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i spoke to my friend and he told me open rims are rims where you can see the rotor... therefore, he said its better to go with the premium rotors so they wont rust as much i think? well not exactly what he said but its something like that...

·
King Daddy D.O.G!!!
2,475 Posts
If they are wide opened, I'd paint the calipers a contrasting color to stand out. Looks great that way!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.