DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not a big deal, but since it's there, it would be nice if it worked properly. The rear wiper on my new-to-me 2000 Durango barely wipes the glass. Specifically, it doesn't conform to the window very well. I replaced the wiper and the results are the same. Is there a brand that works well? I bought a name brand wiper--Anco I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
they usually start to seize at the arm pivot. lube it work it free it should wipe better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Mine is the same way. I've read some going with a sligtly smaller blade and worked a bit better. And some have switched to a GenII rear wiper set up with good results. I plan on doing the swap soon myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Hey jmac2000dge how would one go about getting the GenII rear wiper setup and installing it? I've heard of it being done, but I thought there was some difficulty in it. I've even asked at the dealer, but at the time they didn't have any instock for me to look at.

I hope this link works, I found this listing on eBay it has a very good rear view pic. of the rear wiper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...50QQihZ008QQcategoryZ6192QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think this setup looks very SHARP and would love to put this on MY D. :cool:
 

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
Joined
·
4,435 Posts
maybe you need to bend the arm to increase pressure to the glass or the spring is missing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
jwlsngold said:
Hey jmac2000dge how would one go about getting the GenII rear wiper setup and installing it? I've heard of it being done, but I thought there was some difficulty in it. I've even asked at the dealer, but at the time they didn't have any instock for me to look at.

I hope this link works, I found this listing on eBay it has a very good rear view pic. of the rear wiper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...50QQihZ008QQcategoryZ6192QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think this setup looks very SHARP and would love to put this on MY D. :cool:
From what i've read(thanks to IndyDurango. :rck: ), its very easy. Parts you'll need are. 5135583AA, 55077453AA, 5135584AD....its about $45 bucks for everything i do beleive. Bit more on the cdn. side though. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
B1G BLEU said:
maybe you need to bend the arm to increase pressure to the glass or the spring is missing.
Second that. I have had to bend the arm in a little to get it to wipe glass right.
 

·
Pimp On Sir Don
Joined
·
12,782 Posts
Chimichanga31 said:
Second that. I have had to bend the arm in a little to get it to wipe glass right.

I have to bend my arm in a little too ta wipe my arse!

Sorry couldn't help myself there, too inviting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Was going to upload a snare drum rat-a-tat-tat wav. file to you, but I guess it got deleted. :thatfunny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
Installing the Gen2 wiper is a piece of cake, will take all of about 5 minutes to do.

 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top