DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago, the check engine light came on and I took it into Autozone to get checked out. It was the code P1740 which is TCC or overdrive solenoid. I need to get this fix asap cuz it is my daily driver. If anyone has pointer for me in how to fix this problem, that would be great.

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,704 Posts
is it showing any symptoms? slippage, loss of gas mileage?
also how old is your trannie fluid? did you do gears when you made that huge jump in tire size? if not that may be a sign that your trannie is about to die:dunno:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there may be symptoms not sure cuz it already has bad gas mileage and it does shift funny sometimes. I hav not regeared since i put the 37s on there but the truck already had 4.10s in it but i am puttin 4.56 in it. Would it be my overdrive solenoid or my torque converter?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also i got my tranny rebuilt bout a year and a half ago so they replaced the tranny fluid but not sure if they put a new torque converter

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,704 Posts
it very well could be the old torque converter...my manual says to check both for proper pressure etc...pm me your email adress and i will shoot you the pages for diagnostic of the trannie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
The Man
365 Posts
If they rebuilt your transmission, I sure hope they put a new torque converter in it.:YO:

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,704 Posts
you have email

·
The Man
365 Posts
I once had that code pop up in my 2001, however once I cleared it it never came back, at least not yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya over christmas it popped up so I got it cleared but when i got back to school about 4 weeks after, it popped back up again. So do u think it is my solenoid or even my torque converter. I am not sure if they put a new TC when they rebuilt it

·
The Man
365 Posts
Anytime you rebuild a transmission you always replace the torque converter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.