DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share this since there seems to be a few questions on different boards and I had to piece together the answer...

The turn signal indicators on my 2000 Dakota were working fine, then intermittently, then finally stopped working completely. The hazard flashers still worked fine. Most discussion boards (including this one) pointed to the relay as the cause, but the common problem seemed to be actually locating it. Now I see why.

As I expected, the relay was in the fuse block, but is actually on the back side of it. The front side of the fuse block is accessible from the driver's side through a panel in the side of the dash. To get to the turn signal flasher relay, you need to get under the dash and look up at the back side of the fuse block. The relay is in the one of the sockets on the back side. You may have to move a few wires aside to get to it. My was green in color, as was the replacement. If the hazard flashers still work, turning them on will help locate the relay from the clicks.

Kind of a PIA to get to, but a quick fix - maybe 10 minutes - and the signals are working again. Thanks to all who posted on this previously!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.