DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to bypass my a/c compressor because it don't work. And the belt I have now uses it and the pulley bearing are going out. So I just want to use the smaller belt and bypass it. But AutoZone and O'Reilly's gave me 1 each and they seem to be too small. As I press the tensioner pulley in and try to put the new belt over the alternator pulley. It only come almost half way to the pulley. And no matter how hard I try. I cannot get it to get over and on. Are they giving me the wrong size? Or am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am trying to bypass my a/c compressor because it don't work. And the belt I have now uses it and the pulley bearing are going out. So I just want to use the smaller belt and bypass it. But AutoZone and O'Reilly's gave me 1 each and they seem to be too small. As I press the tensioner pulley in and try to put the new belt over the alternator pulley. It only come almost half way to the pulley. And no matter how hard I try. I cannot get it to get over and on. Are they giving me the wrong size? Or am I doing something wrong?
Yeah you need longer belt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts