DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to add a Subwoofer and an Amp to my stock stereo/head unit. is there an audio rca input or auxilliary on the stock HU of the 2000 grand caravan? thanks in advanced for the help.

:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
There are no line ins or outs on the factory decks for that year. There may be ways to add line outs on some decks like the cd/cassette combo ones, but I have yet to try it.

Easiest way is to tap into the speaker outputs with line level convertors and use them for the sub. Amp turn on wire can go to the power antenna feed on the factory head unit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oklahoma Wolf said:
There are no line ins or outs on the factory decks for that year. There may be ways to add line outs on some decks like the cd/cassette combo ones, but I have yet to try it.

Easiest way is to tap into the speaker outputs with line level convertors and use them for the sub. Amp turn on wire can go to the power antenna feed on the factory head unit.
Thanks. do you have a simple diagram that i can follow using the speaker outputs with line converters?

it will be my first time to do it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can find a good diagram of the factory head unit pinouts over at www.installdr.com - I would suggest using the front channel speaker outputs for the subwoofer output so you don't lose the sub when you move the fader all the way forward.

However, if you use the rear channel outputs, you could tap into them closer to the rear speakers - less wiring to run that way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oklahoma Wolf said:
You can find a good diagram of the factory head unit pinouts over at www.installdr.com - I would suggest using the front channel speaker outputs for the subwoofer output so you don't lose the sub when you move the fader all the way forward.

However, if you use the rear channel outputs, you could tap into them closer to the rear speakers - less wiring to run that way.

Thank you much for the advise, Oklahoma Wolf!

:rck:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.