DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post, so, anyways, i have a 2000 Dodge Caravan se and the windshield cracked right at the defrost lines. Was this a common problem, with these vans with the defrost lines?

· Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, down at bottom of windshield.

· Registered
984 Posts
My 96 T & C has been through many an icy Michigan morning over the years, and I never had anything like this happen. Definitely sounds like a manufacturing flaw, though. A couple of questions, though. Is this the original windshield? Are you the original owner? If not, it's possible a prior owner installed a cheap aftermarket replacement that has failed.

Rick

· Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not the original owner, so i dont know if the glass has been replaced. Wife reminded me that she knew a trucker with a 2000 Caravan, and he saw this problem twice. Maybe it was a flaw and maybe it was poor aftermarket crap. I dont know. I just wanted to see if anybody else had seen this problem before.

Brad

· Registered
15 Posts
I have not had any windshiled problems wiht Dodges. My 97 GC wiht 135K mile NEVER had a windshiled crack nor has my 01 GC w/ 95K miles. In contrast, 2003 infiniti factory Windshiled cracked at 8K

I would suggest Safelite and specify PPG glass

hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.