DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have experiences likes/dislikes with them. looking to get one in the new year. i have a friend that has one and he loves it. i do have a 4 inch exhaust on it and a K&N intake kit.

looking for input

·
Work in progress...
1,202 Posts
Throttle body spacers do not add horsepower. In some cases the bores are, for some reason, smaller than the throttle body bores and actually rob horsepower. If you want to work with the throttle body, you can cut the air horns off the tops of the bores and take the bores to a few millimeters bigger, or you can get a fastman throttle body. To date the fastman TB has been my best performance modification; you'll immediately notice better throttle response and greater low end power. Dan does great work, I highly recommend him.

www.thefastman.com

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ok, first off if you have the K&N intake, you install that 1 inch throttle body spacer it is going to raise your throttle body up 1 inch and guess what.... youll be cutting the crap out of the heat shield on the intake to adjust for the height.

Now for the bad part..... The Airaid throttle body spacer states: Dodge Throttle Bodies The PowerAid spacer incorporates a helix bore that spins the incoming air charge. The increased combustion efficiency provides torque and mileage increases. Installs easily in under 30 minutes. Detailed instructions are included.

They claim that the air "spins" and mixes with the fuel to cause a better burn..... Great idea for a CARBURATED engine but ours are fuel injected! Where does the fuel get injected? Right into the cylinder.... following me here?

Dont waste your money on one.... I bought one for my 4.7 and yeah it had a cool "whistle" when you stepped on the gas, but that was it. Actually some people thought I had a vaccume leak... When my 01 with the 4.7 got totaled I didnt even bother taking it off the engine. Take your $100.00 and buy yourself a nice aftermarket ACCELL or MOROSO coil and upgrade your plugs and plug wires. -Or- Save up a few more dollars and buy one of the Fastman throttle bodies. He is the GOD here when it comes to doing the throttle bodies and doing them right! Great guy to work with and will NOT BS you.

You dont have to take my word for these spacers not working Read this and judge for yourself:

http://www.truckblog.com/story-444-fuel_economy_myths_throttle_body_spacers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.