DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems that my key is stripped, any ideas on how to get this sob off. I need to change my brake pads and well i cant do that with this Pos wheel on.

·
Retired Guy
1,239 Posts
if it is tapered, hammer a socket onto it.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
i had this issue on my previous truck...1st owner had the locking lug nut and couldnt find the key...so i hammered a socket on to it and tried like hell and was a PITA but they will come off

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
fireman46 said:
if it is tapered, hammer a socket onto it.
What he said. Goes to show how well locks really work :D

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
see if you can find one of these, a stud extractor. This one goes up to 3/4in but you probibly can find one the gets bigger. I found this one at Harbor Freight Tools.

Attachments

·
Sold the Hemi -05/17/2011
1,020 Posts
I read somewhere that everyone has wheel locks that are registered to them and are able to order a new one through Mopar.

·
ARC
87 Posts
spray it with freon and then break it.

·
Bill
73 Posts
Any body shop should be able to help you out. There is a tool to remove the locks ,like a tapered socket that you tap over the lock and then remove the lock. These locks are only made to slow down the more honest people.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A 12 point socket will make quick work of it. I purchased a mustang a few years back, had locking lugs and no key my friend showed me that trick. Honestly he got them off just as fast as I could have with the key.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Just go into Sears, the have a socket specifically used to remove locking lug nuts. Or stop by any tire shop, they always have them. And of course every good wheel thief has a set!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah Discount fixed me up in about 5 minutes. Thanks for all the replies though. Appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.