DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know? (05 Ram chrome clads). Thanks.

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
05_hemi said:
Anyone know? (05 Ram chrome clads). Thanks.
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2003/05-008-03.htm

Install the wheel and pre-tighten the lug nuts in a cross pattern to:
70 NM (50 ft. lbs.) then final the lug nuts in a cross pattern to: 135 Nm
(100 ft, lbs.) and mark the wheel at the same location as the marked
wheel stud.

I know it's 2003, but plenty of members agree with these torque settings. :)

Just had my tires rotated and balanced. Had the guy hand tighten to
100 ft, lbs. I have the 20's as well. ;)

Sil

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SilsHemi said:
[ and mark the wheel at the same location as the marked
wheel stud.
Sil
Thanks Sil. Quick ? re above detail. I'm putting on a new set of rims and tires Sat or Sun (dp on rain) and I want to get this right without running the risk of warping rotors, etc. I understand and appreciate the torqueing process you've described, which is even more detailed than I've followed in the past, but could you elaborate further on the detail "mark the wheel at the same location as the marked wheel stud." What happens when you rotate the wheels season to season re marking? I've been running summers and snows on two previous vehicles over 13 years and haven't run across that detail, and am interested in knowing exactly what it entails. Sorry to be a :huh: , but I appreciate the help. :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
100 pounds is what I torque to. I rotate every time I change oil. got me a torque wrench the day after I got my truck. 70 bucks at sears.

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
05_hemi said:
I understand and appreciate the torqueing process you've described, which is even more detailed than I've followed in the past, but could you elaborate further on the detail "mark the wheel at the same location as the marked wheel stud."
Don't know about that. Just gave it to the guy who rotated the tires. ;) hehe

Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm sure one of the DT guru's will chime in
here soon. :)

Sil

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RamAlam said:
100 pounds is what I torque to. I rotate every time I change oil. got me a torque wrench the day after I got my truck. 70 bucks at sears.
I hear ya. I used to use a needle type torque wrench but bought a good click wrench from Napa Thurs - $105 cdn (about $7 US :D ). Also bought a new 3.5 ton Mich jack. BFG GForce T/A's going on (looks like Sun now bc of rain).

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SilsHemi said:
Don't know about that. Just gave it to the guy who rotated the tires. ;) hehe

Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm sure one of the DT guru's will chime in
here soon. :)

Sil
No problem, thanks Sil. I'm pretty picky and careful, and I'll keep doing what I'm doing, but I'll use the needle torque wrench to 50 and the clicker to 100. The reason I asked is that I thought I saw 115 mentioned as the final number in another thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.