DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after some reading and talking with a few people, I've decided to try putting 20"x8.5 wheels in the front and 22"x9.5 wheels in the back

I need help in figuring out the tallest tire size I can go for in the front and back without the front tire side walls being thicker than the backs.

I've been reading this and other forums front to back but haven't found anything to help me in my search so I'm asking, please lend a guy some knowledge!

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks this helps alot.

I'm still trying to figure out what the largest outer diameter I can go with in the rear with 22"x9.5 wheels. Ayone know if 285/45/22 is too large for the back? I'm looking at some Nitto tires in that size. Also seen some BF Goodrich tires in 295/40/22.

Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone else done somethign like this already?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I can't help you there... I don't know what will fit back there. The main thing you need to do when you get different rim sizes is make sure the overall is the same. Also usually if it's just a RWD vehicle, the rear will be wider then the front.

I looked around, and I'd say go with the Nittos on this one... they have a lot better tread wear rating. I looked on Discount Tire, but they don't have all the sizes listed....

Ok, Ilooked it up on Nittos site, and they have a 265/35/22 you can put in the rear, and the 255/45/20 up front will match it just right. Or, if they'll fit... 295/35/22s in the rear.

Now, all that may be crap since I'm just comparing like sizes, but I don't have the stock size to work off of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.