DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: picked out my wheels TIS 07's. Goodyear has new tires out 20x255x45's & 20x245 x45's. Can I put the 255's on the back and 245's on the front with out messing up the traction control? The wheels will be the same with a 18 offset ( I know this doesn't effect anything). There is a 8.89 diference between the tire diameter.

·
Registered
679 Posts
You wont mess up ESP or ABS with a mismatch.. especially just with tires.
I'm goin with 20X8.5s up front and 22X10s in the back with much bigger tires in the back. It'll be all sweet.
heck, I never drive with ESP on anyway and ABS can go away too for all I care. The day I can mash my pedals right is the day I need to take the freakin bus, man.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you thought about lowering it? I can't decide whether to go with the Eibach pro kit or the sportline. The idea of die grinding the control arm bolt doesn,t sit well with me.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm just gonna lower my front end 1.5 inches.
A: I have the towing package and don't wanna swap out shocks as well as springs in the back.
B: I want the old school camaro vibe a little bit. Dropping it in the front and adding bigger wheels n tires in the back will do that for me.

You won't have to grind anything.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have been looking at that steering bolt and cant see how it can possibly hit the tire if the outer diameter stays the same?

G

·
I'd stick with the 245/45/20's all around. It will keep your speedo (and final drive ratio) more intact, plus you can rotate your tires for more even treadwear.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Savage said:
Have you thought about lowering it? I can't decide whether to go with the Eibach pro kit or the sportline. The idea of die grinding the control arm bolt doesn,t sit well with me.
what size tire are you using..???

why would you have to grind the bolt??

I have eibach prokit love it and suggest it to anyone that wants to improve the look of there mag...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am looking at "Penza 5 SL" wheels

Size: 20x8.5
Tire Size: 245/40-20
Wheel Offset: +22mm

I guess I am looking to find out if the
dimensions of these rims would work
OK with my '05 RWD RT

·
Registered
189 Posts
HemiMag05 said:

OK with my '05 RWD RT
This set up is GREAT!! the tire is 27 3/4 inch tall, thats about 1/4" shorter then stock and will allow you to lower it if you want. :rck:

·
Registered
29 Posts
PHATJAY said:
This set up is GREAT!! the tire is 27 3/4 inch tall, thats about 1/4" shorter then stock and will allow you to lower it if you want. :rck:
Sounds cool!! Thanks!!

The offset shown would work with
the RWD RT, with no issues?

·
Registered
176 Posts
HemiMag05 said:

OK with my '05 RWD RT
That is the combination I have on my Magnum, works great.

·
Registered
176 Posts
None really, I like a very firm almost "euro" ride which the stock struts and shocks did not offer. The coilovers are adjustable ride height and damping.

·
Registered
189 Posts
HemiMag05 said:
Thanks...I have been looking at the Pro Kit....
I has heard the ride didn't change a whole
lot, which is OK.

I have the Pro Kit in stock, FREE SHIPPING direct to your home or office...

($262) If you check around even on E-bay my price is GREAT!!

Give me a call. :rck:

800.938.3456 ext 232 or Chris ext 418

·
Registered
87 Posts
obiwan said:
coilovers are adjustable ride height and damping.
Hi Obi, I like the Pro-Kit, but the stock shocks are driving me a little nuts! Do you have the KW's set at the same ride height? And if so, big improvement in damping? Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.