DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 20,000 miles on mine now and counting. Still ZERO problems. I beat the crap out of it and it doesn't give me a bit of trouble. With my stacked programmers, I still drove it to Detroit and back this weekend and got HAND CALCULATED 20.7 miles to the gallon. I love my truck.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
I have the same rims,have not put them on my new truck yet. do they hang way out? Can you send a pic from the front?or back??
I have the Power wagon flares to put on in case they look too far out

I saw your gallery....dont bother
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they stick out...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,849 Posts
Congrats. I have almost 50K trouble free on mine now :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the leveling kit. They rub the plastic inner fender if you turn hard. I want to take it up 6 and 4 or 8 and 6 and put 37's on in the spring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Congrats, my truck made it 1,700 miles with zero problems, then I got the p2000 code, then at 5,500 miles it went back into the shop for p2262 code and they have had it for 4 days so far. I think the 6.7 is a serious mistake, I should have kept my "reliable" 5.9. I know that some people have had good luck with the 6.7 but there are thousands of people with problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,849 Posts
All depends on how you drive it. It was never meant to be a grocery getter.
 

·
Senór Member
Joined
·
17,169 Posts
cool, gotta love the CTD's fuel mileage

my truck has 124,*** miles so far, and the only problem is that it's on it's third vp-44 pump:tdwn:

otherwise, waaaaaaaaaaay better than a powerjoke er dirtymax:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,509 Posts
28,700 milesand zero problems herre...

6.7 haters need to get schooled on driving the thing....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
All depends on how you drive it. It was never meant to be a grocery getter.
We have all discussed this before, my truck gets driven plenty hard, as much as yours or just about anyone else. It is my work truck, it pulls heavy loads every week and I live in an area that is surrounded by hills/ mountains. The truck gets worked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
28,700 milesand zero problems herre...

6.7 haters need to get schooled on driving the thing....

Please school me...Besides going WOT from every stoplight/ sign, I can't possibly think of how I could drive the truck harder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,509 Posts
Please school me...Besides going WOT from every stoplight/ sign, I can't possibly think of how I could drive the truck harder.
12,000 lbs travel trailer....

Pull house off foundation....

Tow a 5.9 to the garage... :SPIN:

This truck loves the highway, loves to pull heavy stuff, not the drag racing from light to light (although it does smoke them ricers).

I just get tired of the 5.9 guys saying how bad the 6.7 is when they dont own one, drive one, they just spread the rumors and hate...

This is a dodge site, we all hate Chuby's and Ferds


Cant we all just get along???

:gr_patrio

PS nice color
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
12,000 lbs travel trailer....

Pull house off foundation....

Tow a 5.9 to the garage... :SPIN:

This truck loves the highway, loves to pull heavy stuff, not the drag racing from light to light (although it does smoke them ricers).

I just get tired of the 5.9 guys saying how bad the 6.7 is when they dont own one, drive one, they just spread the rumors and hate...

This is a dodge site, we all hate Chuby's and Ferds


Cant we all just get along???

:gr_patrio

PS nice color
I'm not trying to get pissy, I just get sick of people telling me that my problems are because I don't work the truck hard enough or that I don't know how to drive it. My truck pulls a dump trailer most of the week and when loaded it is usually around 12k-14k, so the problems that I have been having are absolutely not due to my driving habits, period.

When the truck is running right, I love it but the problem is that usually only lasts a couple months before it goes back into the shop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,849 Posts
Are you pulling the dump trailer around the city?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Are you pulling the dump trailer around the city?
I would say 70% highway and the other 30% is mostly steep hills/ mountain driving.

It's just weird, I have a friend who pumps grout and he leaves his 6.7 idle for hours during the day. I actually saw him idle his truck for almost 2 hours on a job that he did for us and he said that he has never had a single problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,849 Posts
Ya, they seem to be hit and miss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
I would say 70% highway and the other 30% is mostly steep hills/ mountain driving.

It's just weird, I have a friend who pumps grout and he leaves his 6.7 idle for hours during the day. I actually saw him idle his truck for almost 2 hours on a job that he did for us and he said that he has never had a single problem.
Any chance the station you're getting your fuel from could be slipping some LSD in where ULSD is posted? Until 2010, you could be getting some LSD unknowingly. I'm watching the problems closely and I'm not sold on driving habits either as for one, we should be able to drive a "pickup truck" normally. It's not an OTR tractor. It's a pickup truck. Mercedes uses BlueTec on their diesel cars and as far as I'm aware, they aren't having any trouble getting groceries. There are a lot of pickup trucks that spend their lives running around the city empty to heavily loaded but not towing or putting heavy loads on the engine. My truck is my work truck and even when it's loaded with 3k lbs of elevator test weights, the engine is taking it easy while the truck carries it's weight around town from one job to the next. However the Dmax and PoSD are doing it, Dodge needs to do it as well as far as the emission goes. It seems like programming of when and how it regens is the real problem for the Dodge. We should be able to sit in our driveway and do a regen if that's what it needs to do. Or at least let it regen while driving around town when it needs it. I'm itching for my 5th Cummins Ram. But my 100% trouble free 101k mile Hemi will have to do until the emissions troubles have been engineered out of the 6.7L Cummins. If you can't tell, it kinda torques me as there are some killer deals being offered right now. But, I'll get my 4.56 ratio R&P installed this week and play with it for a year or two. By then ULSD will be all that's available and the quirks should be tuned out of the 6.7L emissions.
Titan907, Sounds Great! Here's wishing you many more trouble free miles with our 6.7!
 

·
RoaringRam
Joined
·
408 Posts
21,000 so far and no real problems for me. I have had to get the turbo cleaned but that was probably my fault...my truck was a grocery getter for about a month or so while I was in training. No problems since and I absolutely love the 6.7.
 

·
Got Torque??
Joined
·
461 Posts
73k miles on mine. just had the CCV filter changed and the egr cleaned. but thats just maintenance thats recommended by the dealer. "perform service" was on the overhead...
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top