DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just put the mac spring shackles (2001) on the other day. I listened to what other people said and got the washers. I used 1/2" opening and 2" in diameter washers and I would recommend those to anyone. They were about 1/8 inch thick and I had to use 4 on each side (8 per shackle) so that just lets you know how much smaller the shackle for a 80' chevy is. But it is still safe with the right washers.
I am in the military and I just rented a lift stall at the auto hobby shop. I wouldnt do it without a lift because the rear springs are tricky to put back on but it can be done.
The torsion bars being tight is awesome. Just the right amount. You dont even notice a difference from the front to the back. Actually if you ask me I think it should have came stock like that. The only down fall is that a couple days after I did it, my front seems to creek a little bit. I barly notice it sometimes.
You will have to take off the tow pkg if you have one. I just blew a hole big enouph for the bolt to slide through. So for in the future if I want to work on the shackles I can without having to take the hitch off. It shouldnt weaken the hitch at all.
I have 31" tires on right now and it looks good. Defenatly can tell somethings been done to the suspention. I plan on putting a 3" body lift and some 35" tires with 4" backspacing rims. I dont know why people say it wouldnt fit because it will. And at the most you might have to do some light trimming to prevent some light rubbing on the bumper.
I hope this helps somebody...

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
The creaking is probably your sway busings. Common issue. I have ignored the creaking for a couple years without problems.

35's are a bit much for the Durango IFS. The front diff is not strong enough to handle tires that big.Most limit the tires size to 33" tires to avoid the problems with tires that are too big.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your work?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.