Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i did the 2" T/S lift and i'm thinking about doing 33's

to some of the people that have done it or have seen it, should i do 33's or 32's?

·
Registered
516 Posts
you CAN do the 33's you will have to trim your bumpers.. i ran 33's that i had with 1/2 - 3/4 tread with minor trimming for half a year then i bought new tires and tried trimming more but then i eventually got tired of hearin it rub and did a body lift..

i've never been happier with the 33's and t/s & body lift.. but if your only gonna do the t/s u might want to stick with 32's

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you CAN do the 33's you will have to trim your bumpers.. i ran 33's that i had with 1/2 - 3/4 tread with minor trimming for half a year then i bought new tires and tried trimming more but then i eventually got tired of hearin it rub and did a body lift..

i've never been happier with the 33's and t/s & body lift.. but if your only gonna do the t/s u might want to stick with 32's
awesome, do you have any pics of just the 2" with 33's?

and i would love to do the body lift but how long did it take to do it and how big of a hassle was it?

also do you have any pics of the final product? i might just wanna do that :SPIN:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have 33X12.50's. They rubbed a little but nothing a little trimming on the front bumper didn't take care of. Now that I just did the 3" body lift too I'm thinking a little more trimming and 35's.

·
Registered
516 Posts
didnt get around to takin any pics yet..

not to get off subject but i too was thinkin 35's after the body lift.. but i think that would take at least the aal's and gettin the front a lil higher.. i went muddin the other day and noticed scrub marks that the inside of the tire were rubbin on the inside of the rear inner fender so i can see 35's being even worse..

·
Registered
94 Posts
ever think of wheel spacers..would probably solve your problem rubbin on the inside

·
Registered
88 Posts
"didnt get around to takin any pics yet..

not to get off subject but i too was thinkin 35's after the body lift.. but i think that would take at least the aal's and gettin the front a lil higher.. i went muddin the other day and noticed scrub marks that the inside of the tire were rubbin on the inside of the rear inner fender so i can see 35's being even worse.."

What are "aal's"? Yes, I have the same scrub marks on the inner fenders in the rear but It looks to be rubbing near the center of the sidewall, not near the tread, and it's not bad at all. I've put 60,000 miles on the 33's and there is no noticable wear on the tires. Assuming the 35's your thinking about are the same width as your 33's it shouldn't be a problem. I haven't looked to see what's behind the plastic wheel well but it may be able to be removed as well. Haven't looked into that yet. You could also go with a 34X10.50 tires. Super swamper makes then in the LTB series and they are dirt cheep too. I like to wheel in the snow tho and I want the width, skinny tires dig in the snow.

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts
aal's stand for add-a-leafs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are "aal's"? Yes, I have the same scrub marks on the inner fenders in the rear but It looks to be rubbing near the center of the sidewall, not near the tread, and it's not bad at all. I've put 60,000 miles on the 33's and there is no noticable wear on the tires. Assuming the 35's your thinking about are the same width as your 33's it shouldn't be a problem. I haven't looked to see what's behind the plastic wheel well but it may be able to be removed as well. Haven't looked into that yet. You could also go with a 34X10.50 tires. Super swamper makes then in the LTB series and they are dirt cheep too. I like to wheel in the snow tho and I want the width, skinny tires dig in the snow.
hahaha you guys are just now rubbing on the inside of the rear fender?!?!?! lol i get that with my 31's with the 2" t/s lift lol, i like to flex it out going through trenches and crap

but if someone could still post pics that would be awesome!!!

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Woops

·
Registered
88 Posts

Durango's flex? Could have fooled me. That is as "stuffed" as I could get the 33's

·
Registered
94 Posts
nice..ride man..where did you order your shackles and how long did it take to get in? Im from canada and went through express mail mine should be here 2morrow

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't even remember, it was years ago but I believe they were belltech 6400's. I think it only took a few days to get them down here in the states. I'll be getting rid of them soon tho and going back to the stockers, or maybe some even shorter ones if I can find them as I'm planning on doing a spring over conversion to get all the clutter out from under the axle.

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts

Durango's flex? Could have fooled me. That is as "stuffed" as I could get the 33's
Mine flexes more then that. That tire still had grip, I think it would have gone more.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's weird. In your picture the top of your rear tire is nearly level with the bottom of the wheel well, whereas mine still had several inches to get to that point. I wonder why yours droops farther than mine. Mine would not go any farther. That tire is about 12" off the ground and antho it's hard to tell in the photo I am at nearly a 45 degree angle with the ground (About to tip).

Ahhh, wait. I just read your signature. In my picture I do not have the 3" body lift, just the T/S lift. Your not flexing more than me, your just farther out of the wheel well to start with.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You should take some pics where the D is stationary..level ground..like to see how it looks

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts
That's weird. In your picture the top of your rear tire is nearly level with the bottom of the wheel well, whereas mine still had several inches to get to that point. I wonder why yours droops farther than mine. Mine would not go any farther. That tire is about 12" off the ground and antho it's hard to tell in the photo I am at nearly a 45 degree angle with the ground (About to tip).

Ahhh, wait. I just read your signature. In my picture I do not have the 3" body lift, just the T/S lift. Your not flexing more than me, your just farther out of the wheel well to start with.
Yep that is what I was going to say! The 3" body lift will make the difference! But if you look at the rear spring, mine still appears to be bent alot more then yours.

·
Registered
94 Posts
you put shackles in the back to?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.