DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
It's pretty easy, I installed them on 2 of my old trucks. A stock 3/4 ton, CTD, and a 1500, that already had a 6" lift, I just stacked the spacer on top of the 6" spring. You don't need a spring compresser. Just a jack and a couple jack stands.

·
Registered
286 Posts
put the jack under the axle and let it fall enough to place the spacer on top, no compressor

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think it depends if its a 1500 or a 2500. Most guys with a 2500 needed a compressor. Also, if you don`t have air tools, the bottom shock mount bolt is a real bi#ch to loosen!

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Bretty easy, may need to unbolt the sway bar do drop the axle down far enough to install the spacers and coils. Dont need a compressor, but you can use a compressor if you want.

·
Registered
286 Posts
yeah unbolt the sway bar

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
I also had to unhook my track bar on my 2000 Off Road before it would drop enough on the pass. side.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i think i did also but i cant remember lol

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Yes

·
Ty
74 Posts
I just did my shocks and the springs almost "fell" out. I didn't loosen anything other than the lower shock bolt/nut and the shock tower. (I had the truck on stands, under the frame, and then lowered the jack from under the spring/shock assembly.) I should have done my springs at the same time.

I hear that the 3/4 ton springs will give the same effect as the spacer. You might want to look into different pricing options.

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
The 2500 springs will give you a nice rough ride, but they should buy you about 1.5-2" of lift. Why not go for the Off Road package springs instead?

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
I am installing a Skyjacker 2" lift coil springs on my 1500 this weekend (and AAL in the rear). I'll post some pics. The rep at Skyjacker said they give as much lift as using a 2500 spring, but they are designed to have a spring rate/feel within 10% of the stock 1500 spring that it is replacing. So, it should still ride about the same. I'll let you all know if this is true once I get it done.

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
I bought mine as a kit (part# D201K) for about $200, though looking at Summit today, I think it has gone up by about $10. You can get just the coil springs (part# D20) from Summit for $144.

http://www.skyjacker.com/products-search-detail.asp?ID=158238&vyear=1999&vmake=DODGE&vmodel=RAM%201500%20PICKUP&partnumber=D201K
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=d201k&x=0&y=0&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp

To replace my stock shocks for the lift, I got the adjustable Rancho 9000's. I got these not so much because I need the adjustablility feature, but because they were buy 3 ($84 each) get one free during the month of April. That made them only about $20 more then the other shocks I was looking at, and I think they are a better shock. Also will be putting on a Skyjacker 7000 steering stabilizer ($35).
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=sja+7000&x=0&y=0&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.