DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have narrowed down my options to 3 muffler setups, what input can u guys give me regarding preformance and sound, i want a quiet exhaust, which would be better for me?

a 70 series flowmaster dual in dual out 2.25

or the same 70 series but dual in single out 2.25/3

and finally the 70 series single in single out, 2.50 to 3 inch

i will be getting the magnaflow either x or y pipe depending on the setup
thanx in advance, i will be making the desition on monday.
:help: :help: :help:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
please? some help. bump*

·
Finally a 5 speed
2,419 Posts
If I was going with an x pipe and true dual exhaust, I would run two seperate mufflers instead of a dual in / dual out. Maybe two 40 series flowmasters. If I was running a y-pipe with a single exhaust, I would go with either a SI/SO 3", or a 3" in, dual 2.25" out.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx a lot, thats what i was wondering, the thing is that the 40 series is too loud for my dad (his truck) so thats why hes thinkin about the 70 series. what i was tryin to tell him was that the best way to go for preformance is si/sio 3'
for some reason hes got his mind set up on a dual out no mater what, so freformance wise the best way to go is 3 in and 2.25 dual out?

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
too quiet for my taste... but dump the muffler and save the money on something else.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive heard di/do 2.5 is too much for a basically stock ram. and dumping is not an option since my dad wants to have 2 chrome tips showing, either in the stock location, or out the back on the right side like the srt-10.

what u see in my sig is the only thing we have. other than that all were gonna do to the ram is headers and thats it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i do not feel like i lost any power when i switched to the magnaflow di/do 2.5". it is an improvement over the stock for sure. plus its pretty quiet. for the most power, its hard to beat the magnaflow. flowmaster is more for sound. either way, the muffler only plays a small part. if i was putting headers on, then i would only go with the magnaflow, borla or any straight through muffler design. anyways, good luck with your decision. post an audio link if you get the flowmaster 70. i don't think there is one on here.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i shure will. i think im goin for si/do 3' to 2.5
i'll def. do it monday, so i guess i'll keep cheking back here in case theres any more suggestions. thanx a lot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.