DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Durango Limited 5.7

Error Codes: P0573 U1417 U1418?

SYMPTOMS: After one minute of driving, I lose my speedometer, all dash lights pertaining to traction control and braking come on, cruise control becomes unavailable and throttle response is sluggish. Also, upon actual application of the brakes, even under light braking, the ABS is pumping as if the computer thinks I'm in a skid.

DISCOVERY:: At first, while I was driving, I could turn the key to the start position for a brief second and the speedometer would come back to life. Only to repeat this cycle every one minute of driving.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION: I used my I-3 Diablosport tuner and turned off the traction control. This keeps the speedometer turned on but the cruise control doesn't work with it bypassed.

THEORY: I currently have 255/50/R20 in the front, 275/55/R20 in the rear. Tire height measures 29" in the front, 31" in the rear.

QUESTIONS: Is it possible that 2 different sets of tire sizes could be the cause? 2 INCHES More tire in the rear than in the front. Is that sizable enough to make the computer think that the front wheels are running faster than the rear--confusing it to the point of just giving up and quitting?

I am on a really tight budget right now hence the cheap Walmart tires in the rear. It will likely be an entire season before I can afford to match the rear tires with the fronts. I"m not so concerned about the loss of ABS at this point as if my theory is correct, simply matching the front and rear tire sizes should remedy the problem. But is there a way to regain cruise control until then? Bypass of the rear speed sensor perhaps?

I'm wide open to suggestions and very appreciative of your time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2007 Durango Limited 5.7

Error Codes: P0573 U1417 U1418?

SYMPTOMS: After one minute of driving, I lose my speedometer, all dash lights pertaining to traction control and braking come on, cruise control becomes unavailable and throttle response is sluggish. Also, upon actual application of the brakes, even under light braking, the ABS is pumping as if the computer thinks I'm in a skid.

DISCOVERY:: At first, while I was driving, I could turn the key to the start position for a brief second and the speedometer would come back to life. Only to repeat this cycle every one minute of driving.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION: I used my I-3 Diablosport tuner and turned off the traction control. This keeps the speedometer turned on but the cruise control doesn't work with it bypassed.

THEORY: I currently have 255/50/R20 in the front, 275/55/R20 in the rear. Tire height measures 29" in the front, 31" in the rear.

QUESTIONS: Is it possible that 2 different sets of tire sizes could be the cause? 2 INCHES More tire in the rear than in the front. Is that sizable enough to make the computer think that the front wheels are running faster than the rear--confusing it to the point of just giving up and quitting?

I am on a really tight budget right now hence the cheap Walmart tires in the rear. It will likely be an entire season before I can afford to match the rear tires with the fronts. I"m not so concerned about the loss of ABS at this point as if my theory is correct, simply matching the front and rear tire sizes should remedy the problem. But is there a way to regain cruise control until then? Bypass of the rear speed sensor perhaps?

I'm wide open to suggestions and very appreciative of your time.

Thanks!
I hope this is a 2wd. If not, ......

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts