DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the local car lots are now getting used (fleet) 2.7L Chargers in. I was kind of shocked by the asking price (both over $22,000), I think the'll be coming down some in the very neear future. Anyone have any hands on experience with the 2.7L Chargers?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a rental in Vegas during thanksgiving. Comfortable, roomy, and slower than xmas. It cruised nice once you got up to freeway speed, but getting there was murder. It took a while to get used to the car from daily driving a Durango w/ a HEMI. I think it sold the wife on a Charger RT so all was not lost. Thank god she has a lead foot, too. :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Also, you should pay less than 20k for an SE w the 2.7.

·
Registered
56 Posts
true, but most fleet cars are 2.7l, not 3.5.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Its Like Having a 4cylinder I test drove
A 300 when I was looking for my new car it had
The 2.7L it struggled now add people and you will
Barley make it up hills get the 3.5L our v8 Engine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a rental w/ 2.7 in Houston. Great ride, but inadequate power. It'll cruise at any speed, but you really gotta keep your foot in it. Also, I'm sure I could feel the MDS kick in around 50mph under really light throttle. Not cool. It creates a popcorn-popper meets subwoofer effect.

Overall, a very nice set of wheels, nicest rental car I've had to date. I'd certainly go for at least the 3.5L though.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
FYI,

The 2.7-liter engine is now standard in the "23E" package Charger SE. This is no longer just a fleet option. The 23E stickers for under $22k brand new which makes it the least expensive Charger model to date.

The "27E" package Charger SE still has the 3.5-liter engine, along with the five-speed tranny, ESP, and better brakes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Too bad ya'll can't get fleet pricing for the HEMI Police Charger. They cost us about $19,800 on State Contract with the HEMI. I wish I could buy one privately for that!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Also, I'm sure I could feel the MDS kick in around 50mph under really light throttle. Not cool. It creates a popcorn-popper meets subwoofer effect.
Sorry dude, that sound must have been something else. MDS is only available on the 5.7L HEMI

·
Registered
12 Posts
donald7150 said:
Sorry dude, that sound must have been something else. MDS is only available on the 5.7L HEMI
Torque converter locking up?

G/F got her brand new '06 SE 3.5L for $19,600. Don't know why they would be over $20 used????????

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm new to new cars,Not old one's lol What does Fleet mean? Besides an enema lol I've heard of fleet trucks.Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Suek said:
I'm new to new cars,Not old one's lol What does Fleet mean? Besides an enema lol I've heard of fleet trucks.Thanks
Fleet cars are the one's they sell in bulk to rental companies and big corporations that have company cars. They are usually stripped down versions of regular models.

Just saw two ads in today Akron Beacon Journal w/ '07 Charger SE's for $17,900 brand new! I imagine they are 2.7's...........

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks. It's funny today I posted a question about 2007 Charger rental cars and what people thought about them. Would they stay away etc. I seen some cheap prices like you in New York on the internet.I seen some for $17,000 to 18,000. I seen a 2007 Se for $19,850 and had 32,000 miles. I didn't any special add ons and I figures you could get a new one for about the same price with a dealer incentive! Ofcourse this wasen't
one of the cheap one I saw.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I see you guys are saying that the 2.7 is slooooow, so I would assume putting 22's on it would be stupid?
Anyone out there have 22's on a 2.7?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.