DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ready a bunch of negative comments on the 2.7L engines. I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid SE/2.7L with 64,000 Miles. No problems, when I ready about the sludge problems on these engines I flushed my engine to be safe and will continue to maintaine the vehicle until it goes out (hope not) or until I am ready to do a engine swap. Three questions in this one really. Should I be concerned with sludge issues and other problems in my specific yr/model and what engine would you all recommend switching to? A specific Yr/Make/Model Engine? Of course one with low miles or none of course! Any websites you would recommend for buying a new engine? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
gotta question for you, if you have already done the swap i really need an engine for my trep. As long as it runs im intrested send me a msg on aim jjasinski7, anyone else that has a 2nd gen trep engine please help me

·
Registered
26 Posts
other threads

Hi, there are many other threads about this same issue. The basic gist of all of them is this: Intrepids that are '01.5 and newer have a larger oil pickup tube, which helps to reduce sludging problems. Also, DEFINETELY change the oil EVERY 3,000 miles and use synthetic motor oil. Following those guidelines, and other regular maintenance, you shouldn't have any problems with sludge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking for assistance changing My Intrepid 2.7 to a 3.2 or a newer 2.7. I am in the Dallas Fort Worth area. I would like to know of any shops that have done this before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.