DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I am getting Mickey Thompson Deagan 38's (305/70r16) on my 2001 Ram 1500 4x4. Because of the clearance issues I bought a leveling kit on Amazon.

1. I've seen a few threads since then while trying to find out how to mount the leveling kit, and it seems like there is a lot of talk about the tires being moved back and over with a 2.5" leveling kit. Have any of you actually done this? If you could do it over again, would you do it differently?
  2. Do you have to use longer shocks if you don't do major 4-wheeling?
  3. Did you have to realign the front?
Thanks for any input, and I'll make sure to post pics and my exact setup after installation.

·
Diego Serna
418 Posts
The issue is with the track bar. Since the factory bar is non adjustable it will slightly pull the axle to the driver side cause the axle to not be centered under the truck which can cause some handling issues. The best solution is to get an adjustable track bar however they are not very cheap. Or you could look at some of the lift manufacturers and get a track bar relocation bracket. As far as the tires moving back that is due to the increased angle of the control arms, again most lifts for our vintage of trucks will have replacement control arms (at the very least the lower arms) that are about 1/2 to 1 inch longer. If you are keeping the truck on the street you will be able to get away with the factory shocks but if they are the factory shocks I would replace them. When I installed the coil spacers I did not have it aligned.

·
Jgarcia724
3 Posts
Well I have a 2.5 inch steal leveling kit on my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 sitting on 33x12.5r15 and it handles perfectly fine and it wasn't to bad to install I just had to unhook my sway bar to drop whatever side of the axle I was working on to gain more clearance but on 33s it drives and rides amazing I highly recommend it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.