DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you run the factory rims and tires with a 2/4 drop without rubbing issues? If so does anybody have any pictures for me to check out.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
robm-951 said:
Can you run the factory rims and tires with a 2/4 drop without rubbing issues? If so does anybody have any pictures for me to check out.

Thanks,
Rob

With a 2/4 drop and 275/60/20's you will rub, that is a 33 inch tall tire...Make sure when you drop the truck you replace the crappy factory shocks..

check out the pics on here..

http://slammed1.com/gallery.html

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
2/5 Belltech Drop (Coils/Flip/4-Nitro Actives); 275/60-20 tires. I rub sometimes on big bumps at high speed, but nothing major at all. I've had the kit on for a little over a year; you will be fine, just watch it over large bumps or sudden inclines.

Attachments

·
Northernmost Chevy Killer
385 Posts
Just to double check for the hundreth time since it has been brought up again. A 4x4 is less likely to rub when running the same hardware as the original poster said, correct?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Not really...I'm a 4x4 and I rub over the large AK sized potholes but nothing major as well. I've been quite happy with mine so far. This will be my 3rd winter lowered and no issues of any sort.

·
385 Posts
GOT RAM said:
Not really...I'm a 4x4 and I rub over the large AK sized potholes but nothing major as well. I've been quite happy with mine so far. This will be my 3rd winter lowered and no issues of any sort.

Hey, I deal with the same potholes. I will probably rub a little more than you since mine is a qc. So do you only rub a little when going over a big bump at speed? Have you done any noticible damage to the front wheel well liners?

·
Registered
474 Posts
No damage at all. Almost all of my rubbing comes from full lock out turns i.e. flippin U turns at intersections. Only large bumps I encounter are in parking lots and taken with care.

I do bottom out in the rear like a mo-fo inthe winter thanks to towing a the toys around and I have yet to replace soft factory shocks. Hope that helps...this will be my 3rd winter lowered with this truck. Not one issue.

·
Registered
113 Posts
will 305-50-20rud the fender on a 2/4

·
385 Posts
GOT RAM said:
No damage at all. Almost all of my rubbing comes from full lock out turns i.e. flippin U turns at intersections. Only large bumps I encounter are in parking lots and taken with care.

I do bottom out in the rear like a mo-fo inthe winter thanks to towing a the toys around and I have yet to replace soft factory shocks. Hope that helps...this will be my 3rd winter lowered with this truck. Not one issue.

Thanks for the info bro. I guess if you drive it careful there is nothing to worry about. I'm planning on getting air-assist so I can still load her up.

·
385 Posts
Hey Brian I know you posted some alignment specs to aim for awhile ago. Could you repost those please or pm me.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
i rubbed one time with the same tires and drop. other than that never any probs. once i fixed pinion angle. just do it you will be fine.

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
slammed1 said:
If your alignment guy knows his stuff it does.:)
Amen to that, I brought my truck to one shop locallly and I was told that it could never be properly aligned; so, I took it, literally, across the street, explained my previous conversation and was told that it would be brought back into factory specs in 15 min...shop around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.