DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GangstaHic
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i didnt even think of this but i got a mcgd 2/4 drop and i got the econo drop but i have a 4x4 quad cab. Can i do this without the spindels and just use the coils. What would happen if i do this. I need to get this drop on soon because i have a huge show comming up real soon. thanks for the input.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Nope. You cant run the springs up front unless you change the whole front end. The rear flip will be fine. In the meantime use the flip on the highest setting and you should be close to level for the shpw at least. Plus you can crank your torsion bars down a touch...just a little bit. Not too much or you'll blow out the CVs and have all kinds of issues

·
GangstaHic
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are the springs the same for the 4x4 kit so i can keep the springs all i need and the spindals to make this right? right? im thinking about just sending my kit back because it will cost more the add them then it would to just get the kit already with them. unless i can find a set for cheap. if the springs are different then i will just send the kit back and get the correct kit. let me kno i only have a short amount of time. thanks

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
You are doing this to a 4x4 1500 or 2500? What year? Your sig says 04 2500? If you have a 1500 you must use either drop torsion keys, almost impossible to get by themselves. I think Groundforce makes them but wont sell separately. Or you need drop spindles from McGaughys, period.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
send the kit back and get the right one

·
GangstaHic
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sending the kit back and a have a 1500. good call its been forever and i never even noticed that haha. thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.