DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Jacob
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks great. I'm glad yours rides good cause mine rides bumpy, but I still love her..lol

I need to check to see which shackle hole I put mine in.
Well I am used to the clamps with my factory setup and it rode like it had no suspension lol so anything feels better

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
my truck looks pretty much like yours exept i lowered it with leaf clamps and shackles. brought the rear end down about 3.5" you should use the other shackle holes and drop it that extra 1"

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you haven't yet... weld the perches to the axle. Heard horror stories from 3 guys now that didn't. I did mine in about 30-45 mins.

El phono

·
Jacob
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you haven't yet... weld the perches to the axle. Heard horror stories from 3 guys now that didn't. I did mine in about 30-45 mins.
El phono
Thanks for the heads up but I had the guy weld them for me when he put the kit on. He painted the axle and leaf springs too so it looks really nice.

my truck looks pretty much like yours exept i lowered it with leaf clamps and shackles. brought the rear end down about 3.5" you should use the other shackle holes and drop it that extra 1"
I will get another picture up of how it is sitting now with the clamps on. It is actually a little lower in the rear with 2 sets of clamps on,but I will definitely see if the mechanic can switch the shackle hole for me. Then I won't need the clamps before the axle:tup:

·
Fueled by 1.21 jiggawatts
2,722 Posts
truck looks awesome! I like it A LOT! Now bring it down here for a photo shoot and a race!! Oh, and that first pic on the street between the trees seems inspired some how, hmmm. Maybe not. ;)

·
Jacob
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
truck looks awesome! I like it A LOT! Now bring it down here for a photo shoot and a race!! Oh, and that first pic on the street between the trees seems inspired some how, hmmm. Maybe not. ;)
haha I didn't even think of that!! Not a complete copy cat till my truck is sitting as low as yours was :cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
DAYUM that looks great!

·
2,722 Posts
haha I didn't even think of that!! Not a complete copy cat till my truck is sitting as low as yours was :cool:
Even then its still no copy cat, your truck definately stands on its own merit..... Are you planning to take it down more? If so we need to talk so you know exactly what your getting in to.

·
Jacob
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Even then its still no copy cat, your truck definately stands on its own merit..... Are you planning to take it down more? If so we need to talk so you know exactly what your getting in to.
I would really like to but I think this is going to be low enough. After trying to get under it today doing the oil change, I think that's as low as it is going haha I hit the frame now underneath it when I'm on my creeper which sucks

·
2,722 Posts
I would really like to but I think this is going to be low enough. After trying to get under it today doing the oil change, I think that's as low as it is going haha I hit the frame now underneath it when I'm on my creeper which sucks
Honestly, good call in my oppinion.. If I were to drop a 4x4 again personaly, I wouldn't go past 2/4. The 4/6 looked sweet but it brought with it its own demons..
Atleast you can get under your truck.. LOL!! I changed my oil the other day too. Not the most fun I've ever had, and with a creeper, not a chance!... Matter of fact when I want to jack my truck up in the front I have to go behind the front wheels because I can't slide my 3 1/2ton jack under the front bumper.. LOL!! The things we do you know!!

·
Jacob
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Honestly, good call in my oppinion.. If I were to drop a 4x4 again personaly, I wouldn't go past 2/4. The 4/6 looked sweet but it brought with it its own demons..
Atleast you can get under your truck.. LOL!! I changed my oil the other day too. Not the most fun I've ever had, and with a creeper, not a chance!... Matter of fact when I want to jack my truck up in the front I have to go behind the front wheels because I can't slide my 3 1/2ton jack under the front bumper.. LOL!! The things we do you know!!
Haha that's awesome, I wondered about that with those trucks. I don't think I would ever wanna lower mine down when I get one! I bet the jack is a pain the the butt on that thing. Even if you could get the jack under the front, it'd take you 30 minutes to crank it up lol

·
Acts 2:38-39
2,325 Posts
The front rides fine man, I love it. Threw some paint on the coils and they are treating me well. I used the McGaughys shackles in the rear, I was confused because I was worried the rear would sit lower... I guess not. McGaugheys guy said thats about how it should sit :dunno: I thought everyone complained about it being lower in the rear.
That's the route I was thinking of. Cutting part of the front coils, and some McGaugheys in the rear. (really wanted Slammed1 tho...)
Here is a couple quick pictures
Thanks for the pix. I was lost for a moment; I see you did a flip kit? Don't think I can do that with a topper on, it would sag.

Dang, I wonder if that would make it ride a little worse? I'm liking how it sits with the leaf springs clamped in front and behind the axle. I guess If I switched to the top hole, I probably wouldn't need the clamps in front of the axle.
I recall from my VW Rabbit/Jetta days, the suspension on the lighter end of the car had the most ride influence. Might take you some tweaking to get it how you like. My rear shackles can't be drilled like that.

P.S. truck looks good!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.