DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
09 HEMI
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys. I raced the 1st Impala SS on Sunday night were my truck club and other truck clubs meet at to race. The Impala SS was stock except for a k&n filter. We raced from complete stop and ended up taking the car from the start and his front bumper was on my door. We raced a second time and took him by a truck lenght. His front bumper was about on my rear bumper.

Today going home from my girlfriend's house I saw a lowered Impala SS. I was scared of this one because it had the gauges on the front where the driver's door is at. So i get next to him and tell him if he wanted to run it and he said yes. Well I lowered it from D to 2. We were going 20 mph and i honked 3 times. We both take off right next to each other and beat him. His front bumper was behind my front wheel. All my friends and other truck clubs saw the race and the guy was pretty cool about it and he told me that he only had an cai.

WELL GUYS.. IF U HAVE AN EXHAUST AND PROGRAMMER U CAN DEFENITLY BEAT THE STOCK IMPALA SS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Nice kill bro... Damn, I need a V8! :D

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
How bout that... with about 100HP more... you beat a FWD car.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Kirby said:
I'm going to assume he is talking about the old SS Impalas?
Yeah, The first clue should have been the thread title "2 1996 Impala Ss" :D

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
The Old ss's were rated at 285 Horse

·
09 HEMI
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea. Im referring to the big wanna be cop cars... 1996 IMPALA SS.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
How bout that... with about 100HP more... you beat a FWD car.
RWD

·
Registered
989 Posts
no those are RWD. and nice kill dodgerulez. You wanna watch of for the new SS's they'll come up and bite ya in the ass. That little 3.8 SC engine is no joke, with some small mods they are really quick cars.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
nice kill

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
04 sit'n 24's said:
Im pretty sure they were rated at 260hp.
You may be right, Im thinking I was thing the lt-1 is the Camaros were rated that high

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Hmmm somehow I missed the '96 part... And yes, they were 260BHP: 0-60 in 7.1 seconds, 1/4 mile in 15.4 seconds @ 91.1 mph.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.