DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if you guys are getting a loud grinding/whining/whistling sound when accelerating normal or hard from a stop especially when the rpms get higher before it slides into the next gear. Seems to have gotten more loud since I have purchased the car from about 8 months ago. Still only has under 4k miles. Also acceleration is a bit different than my brothers 04 neon,my car feels a little more slower and seems to shift harder, almost like you can feel the shift in gears like you do with a manual trans. Also I am only getting between 17 - 21 mpg mostly stop and go driving. I have to refill after 180 miles of driving. According to my dealer there is nothing wrong with it. They said that they ran diagnostics on it and everything was normal. They didnt explain in to much detail but... I think they are lying :mad:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Take ti back for warrent dont trey to do it your self..... For Now :D
Then when you are out of warrenty put a better exhaust on it, and I'm not talking about a chrome fart can with a bunch of reducers to fit it. I'm talking about going top a reputable muffler shop and telling them you want a 2.5 pipe to the muffler from the cat and a free-er flowing muffler with single or dual exhaust.
That Grinding, whinning Whistling noise is the back pressure in the exhaust system.
The local shop around here wants $250 for a complete dual exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler. I plan on getting that as soon as my warrenty is up, and YES I have that same noise on my 2005 with 25,000 miles.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I never got that noise on my 05. but then again i had changed my whole exhaust within the first month and under 2K. im sitting about 15K now and have no problems but willl be changing my header out for the OBX header from Modernperformance. thats the plan this month. but may i sugest you get maybe a cheap exhaust modernperformance has that one fro pacesetter for only 240+ S&H its a 2.5 and if you can get a lift the exhaust is real easy to instal! or have someone else do it. but as long as you dont F*** with the cat you will be golden.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.