DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I could use your advise. I finally broke down and bought a Superchips 3815. It is a used unit. I know they are easy to use but this one came with no instructions. Could you guys give me the Reader's Digest version of what I should do the first time I hook it up??? It is unlocked and they guy updated the unit the day before he shipped it. Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Its pretty simple. Plug it in under the dash at the steering wheel while the key is out and the truck is off. It'll tell you what to do from there.

Mike

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
deplete your tank of the 87 or 89 you are running. Put in 91.

plug in the SC, follow onscreen instuctions. Program it on the 91 tune. HAVE FUN!!!

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
OH yeah, 91 octane just do it and you will have an smile on your face from ear to ear.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you guys seeing any mpg increases with the 91 tune? I know that is not the intended purpose but 3-4 times a month I travel for work, about 500 round trip and every little bit would help. Hell even if it doesn't, my travels are to Kansas City and a little extra getty up when I mash the loud pedal wouldn't hurt in that stupid ass traffic!!!

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Yeah if you can keep you foot out of the gas you might see some. Once you get going it's don't take much to keep it going.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
But it's hard to do that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keeping my foot out of it has always been a problem of mine and then I bitch about mpg's! I put a cat-back exhaust on it thinking that would help only to find out that for a month after that I was always heavy on the gas to enjoy the beautiful tunes coming from the chrome tips. Maybe someday I'll grow out of that but I doubt it!

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
When I monitered the difference between 91 and 87 they were pretty comparable in mileage with the 91 outgaining by about .4mpg Overall it cost me like $1 more a tank to fill up with 91 considering the better mpg. Definitely worth the power gain for me. If you want to enter the proper tire height measure your tires with a ruler and enter that height into the unit. I wouldn't max out all the rpms if your running a stock drivetrain. 5950 is good enough IMO.

KB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.