DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture tour of our trip around a great loop drive.
From the description on the website that led us to this 4 hour/ 40 mile route:
Lost Coast Loop
Take the Mattole Rd. from Ferndale through Petrolia, Honeydew and through Humboldt Redwoods SP. Join Hwy. 101 and return north.

1865. First oil wells in California drilled in Mattole Valley. The oil business in California started in June 1865 when the state’s first shipment of crude petroleum left the Mattole, bound for a refinery in San Francisco. The discovery of oil here created the Union Mattole Oil Co. and gave birth to a boom town, Petrolia. Soon oil wells dotted the valley.
my pics
Of course the pictures don't do this area justice and although it gets a lot of rainfall, we were lucky enough to have a lovely day. We are so glad on whim we decided to extend our trip on past our original destination. When we left the first day we had not planned to go any farther south than Oregon. I blame it on the influence of driving a Magnum.

·
Registered
365 Posts
A lot of lookers, but no comments. Geesh. Love your pics Shell. I've strolled through your whole album. Well done. I hope you head North for your next adventure. Look forward to meeting you and hubby.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks someday we will meet up. As long as they are enjoying the pictures they can be tongue-tied. There may be another mod coming. At the motel in Grants Pass an older gent in a Durango fired it up for Rick to hear the Flowmasters. It may be next year but we will hopefully upgrade our system. Rick loved it. He has been intrigued since hearing Grinner's. These cars are a dream to travel in. The guy at the motel really wanted a Magnum but they live in the foothills of Northern California and I think they do need the 4x4. He looked to be in his late 70s and said his wife wasn't having anything to do with the Magnum. The Durango was very nice though. I have scads more pics and some video so I am going to try to make a music video featuring the Magnum or as I call it - "Hugo".

·
Registered
332 Posts
butweet said:
A lot of lookers, but no comments. Geesh. Love your pics Shell. I've strolled through your whole album. Well done. I hope you head North for your next adventure. Look forward to meeting you and hubby.
butt,
Well, I responded (elsewhere) but I didn't want to re-post my re-response from another forum! You know how that upsets some of the "senior" members of this/these forums! LOL!

Great pics and narrative! iRock!
KK

·
Registered
365 Posts
I hear ya. I compt Irocks thread in "the" other forum as well. Sometime it feels funny posting the same thing in different places.
qzking said:
butt,
Well, I responded (elsewhere) but I didn't want to re-post my re-response from another forum! You know how that upsets some of the "senior" members of this/these forums! LOL!

Great pics and narrative! iRock!
KK

·
Registered
332 Posts
butweet said:
I hear ya. I compt Irocks thread in "the" other forum as well. Sometime it feels funny posting the same thing in different places.
You are talking to the "KING" of re-posting!
KK
(It's not life-or-death and some people just can't get over that!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.