Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.

I've changed oil in vehicles well over 200 hundred times. Matter of fact, no vehicle I've ever owned has had it's oil changed by anyone other than me. (I'm 31). This is a first for me. I dropped the engine drain plug in the drain pan. It plugged the single hole in the drain pan. Where else would 3 gallons of oil go? All over my f***ing driveway!

Man, I feel like such an idiot.

7 rolls of paper towels, a 25 lbs bag of kitty litter, a bottle of dawn, and a can of enginer degreaser, and I managed to get the stain up.

Attachments

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
Its happened to the best of us! Glad you got it all cleaned up.

·
Registered
852 Posts
It happens to the best of us..... I have forgotten to put the drain plug back in after putting the new oil in....

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
This is the EPA. :D

I have your ISP and we'll be at your home soon conducting a full investigation. :D

This appears to be the 2nd worst oil spill in history (1st being the 1989 EXXON Valdez incident). :D

Greg

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Ahhh yes. I've had my own share of "oil incidents". Glad you got it cleaned up.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gsbrockman said:
This is the EPA. :D

I have your ISP and we'll be at your home soon conducting a full investigation. :D

This appears to be the 2nd worst oil spill in history (1st being the 1989 EXXON Valdez incident). :D

Greg
Ouch! Feel da burn!

·
03_HEMI
578 Posts
ouch i know how that feels at my shop my uncle said he drained the oil pan well he didnt and it went everywhere

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
hemi_dakota94 said:
Ahhh yes. I've had my own share of "oil incidents". Glad you got it cleaned up.
:metoo: Its really great when you get a facefull of the $hit!

·
ISO Right
129 Posts
I did that one before . . . granted I reached in and grabbed it before it spilled over, I had just run the engine, damn that bitch was hot.

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
You deserve a beer after that mess!!! :drink:

·
Registered
529 Posts
At least you knew there was 3 gallons in there, I tried to use my pan that I had used for years on my toyotas. NOW thats what you call a green horn. Love my diesel!!!!!!!!

·
Christopher
222 Posts

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Been there, done that and ruined a t-shirt.
Did that when I forgot to open the air vent on the drain bucket.

MikeyB

·
Registered
93 Posts
sell oil to fuel company's !

I think that amount of oil would solve the oil problem in our country !

I know why our fuel prices are going down... you sold that oil to the oil companies and they made fuel out of it !

Dave.....

PS. been there done that... I feel your pain

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
andy2 said:
i wonder what that book is in the glove compartment ????
Ouch.

Or that 9,000 page dealer manual I've got on my computer.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I did the same exact thing in August 1995 with my first Cummins Ram. I bet it was the same pan even with the yellow plug in the middle that's not big enough and the little yellow breather plug on the rim that doesn't allow the air out fast enough anyhow. I bet I even said the same line of words. The Mrs, being a tad religious, didn't care for my rant outside. After that, I held the plug to the oil pan and regulated the flow until about half of the oil was out.
One of those rags has a waist band with Fruit of the Loom on the tag. You musta really been scramblin'!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I used to juggle old washer fluid bottles in the stream. I did get it all over my hands and crap, but it sure beats gallons on the ground, haha. Now I use a 5 gallon bucket, much much easier, just don't drop the plug in there, hah.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MSHarnett said:
I used to juggle old washer fluid bottles in the stream. I did get it all over my hands and crap, but it sure beats gallons on the ground, haha. Now I use a 5 gallon bucket, much much easier, just don't drop the plug in there, hah.
Good idea! I've got one of those orange home depot buckets in mind. I've got a magnet I can use if I drop the drain plug.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.