Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
Awesome trucks guys, here is my latest 1st Gen;
Rusty beat up 91 W250 4x4 Plow Truck

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I presented my dad the pic, but he doesn’t want a long bed truck...or an prolonged cab. Sorry, he is very actual about what he wants.

Nice looking rims

·
Registered
3 Posts
Engine needs work! :)

This is why it was for sale.

The engine was a fresh rebuild and when this happened the guy threw the towel in and put it on Craigslist. He put a bunch of money in the motor for the rebuild, but, unfortunately it didn't work out so well.

Tranny was supposed to have been rebuilt as well, but at a shop.

Attachments

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
Engine needs work! :)

This is why it was for sale.

The engine was a fresh rebuild and when this happened the guy threw the towel in and put it on Craigslist. He put a bunch of money in the motor for the rebuild, but, unfortunately it didn't work out so well.

Tranny was supposed to have been rebuilt as well, but at a shop.
What the hell happened to it?? thats crazy :YO:

·
Registered
3 Posts
What the hell happened to it?? thats crazy :YO:
Yeah, not really sure.

Apparently, the truck belonged to the seller's brother before he owned it. He had intentions of a big block, but ended up selling to his brother instead. While driving it from one house to the other, the slant 6 blew up, though I don't know specifically what failed. He either rebuilt that engine or another, but shortly after the rebuild, the engine blew for the second time.

So, this truck blew a slant 6, not once, but twice!

I didn't know you could break one, let alone twice!

Something had to have been assembled wrong. Improper torque on the bearing cap, wrist pin came apart? I'm not sure. You can clearly see the crankshaft was trying to escape and made a good attempt, so I have to think the crankshaft is in at least two pieces since it appears to be pushed right up against the crankcase wall, or what's left of it.

Apparently the truck is rejecting the idea of being powered by a slant 6!

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
Wow, yeah i was thinking the same thing about the crank. Guess its time for something other than a slant 6 lol

461 - 480 of 501 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.