DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
239 Posts
Well, some folks work for a living.

Some folks have lives outside their truck.

And not everyone with a Dakota is on DodgeTalk; it's actually one of the slowest Dakota forums I'm on.

Nice worker there; I'd invest in some paint this coming summer if you want to keep it (nothing fancy; Google for "rolled on auto paint" for some possibilities.)

RwP

·
Registered
94 dakota 5.2 4x4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Howdy there nice to meet you ralphP Paint is on the list this summer gotta do bumpers, headache rack and my body lift first, haha amen to the working for a living I am a mechanic/truck driver for a rock mining operation what are some other good active forums?

·
Registered
8 Posts

this is an after pic i'll try to find the before 88 5.9 mag 46re manual shift mod disc brake explorer 3:73 air gap int hei ign tract bars manual rack 4 core alum rad elec fans edb hds with studs holley dbl pmp vipor tc still haven't welded frame braces so don't know et yet but she is a lot of fun at a roll wot next thing stroke it oh yeah reloc fuel tank so it has 3" straight pipes my neighbors love it lol

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up my 93 Dakota V6 5MT 4x4 a few weeks ago for $900.

It's having issues misfiring under light acceleration, had a clogged cat and muffler that's straight piped with a glass pack now, and the front driveline is behind the seat and the front suspension suspension is covered in greasy dirt but it's running fine as a 2WD truck.

Besides minor repairs, I've swapped the bench seat for a junkyard find bucket bench that are in amazing condition. Also just cleaning it up.
Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Car
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Window

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does No one drive Dakota's anymore?
I have a 93 Dakota and Imw losing my mind but this poor Dakota is simply rigged up electrically but it has a great motor it runs very smooth. But I was out in it one night and I jumped in it to go home and nothing no click no sound but everything was getting juice otherwise I wiggled my positive cable and finally she started but I made it home only as soon as I shut it off i tried to restart no sound but lights everything worked well everyone thought starter or solenoid but I really wasn't sure but I thought the gearshifts funny but ended the just jumped it over with a hotwire from the solenoid well yes it started but then it was stuck in drive

·
Registered
2 Posts
But I found a rod hanging down and I put it up in a bracket on the frame. That seemed to be just where it went but nothing is holding it there. But it fixed everything not stuck in drive now and it starts right up with the key again. But it can just fall again at anytime. Help

·
Banned
1 Posts
Well, some folks work for a living.

Some folks have lives outside their truck.

And not everyone with a Dakota is on DodgeTalk; it's actually one of the slowest Dakota forums I'm on.

Nice worker there; I'd invest in some paint this coming summer if you want to keep it

nothing fancy; Google for "rolled on auto paint" for some possibilities

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 93 Dakota and Imw losing my mind but this poor Dakota is simply rigged up electrically but it has a great motor it runs very smooth. But I was out in it one night and I jumped in it to go home and nothing no click no sound but everything was getting juice otherwise I wiggled my positive cable and finally she started but I made it home only as soon as I shut it off i tried to restart no sound but lights everything worked well everyone thought starter or solenoid but I really wasn't sure but I thought the gearshifts funny but ended the just jumped it over with a hotwire from the solenoid well yes it started but then it was stuck in drive
My lil 92 did this turned out to be the starter fuse. She's a little five speed so there's always a push to start option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts