DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This concerns the windshield wiper reservoir(s).

Do you have 1 for the front and 1 for the rear like Caravans, or do you have one reservoir under the hood with 2 pumps for both front and rear squirters?

The reason I am asking is because I just installed a Viper Fan on my 2000 Durango and the kit basically converts it to a 99 style washer reservoir because I don't have a fan shroud anymore. Anyway, the kit came with a 99 Dakota bottle, and they don't have rear washers, so it's either missing a hole for the rear pump, or there's some hidden extra reservoir/pump that the 99 Durangos use.

Anyway, if you feel so inclined, it would probably also be very very helpful and I would thank you dearly if you could take a quick photo or two of your washer bottles. It seems like a silly request, but it would help me a lot.

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
I'm about 95% sure that mine uses the same resivoir for both front and rear. I have a 2000 though.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have a 2000 also, the 1999s don't have the fan shroud like we do and the washer bottles are in totally different locations...that's why I'm asking.

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
Gotcha. I wasn't quite sure what you were asking from the first post. Sounds like you're trying to figure out whether you're missing the extra resivoir to feed the rear pump, or if there is supposed to be another hole in the resivoir they gave you (99 Dakota).

If I had to guess, the Dakota and Durango's use different resivoirs, the Dakota probably only had one exit, the Durango's probably had two. Think you could just find a new mounting location for the original one?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah, if there are 2 pumps I will just put a hole in this reservoir for it where ever the Durango has theirs, that's why I wanted pictures from people with a 1999.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Yes 98-99 have two reservoirs and two pumps. The one for the rear washer is located behind the rear passenger trim panel. The fill for the rear is in the hatch opening.

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
I have a 98 Durango and yes like Neil F. says. I have to fill it up at the rear near the hatch.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, you've been a big help, I'll figure something out.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
let us know if you need some pics. I'll be glad to help ya out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.