DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I used to have a '98 Durango (5.2 4X4) and had to sell it because I had a very long commute and hated to pump $200 in gas a week to drive it. Long story short, I solved the commute problem and bought a '99 with the same drivetrain, but this one has all of the goodies.

The autodown on the master window switch doesn't work. I'm guessing that is a common problem with these master switches because my '98 did the same thing. Is there a way to repair it, or is it just better to replace it?

I'm trying to get all of the little things fixed on it because once I get those all working, I plan on gutting the interior and putting new carpet and getting the seats redone. Was thinking about taking the 3rd row seat out and turning it into a cargo area like my '98 had because I just keep them folded down anyway, has anyone done this?

Also, when I bought the vehicle, I was given a key fob that didn't work. I bought a couple of key fobs online and took the vehicle down to the local Dodge dealer to get programmed. They said my vehicle couldn't communicate and they could not program the fobs for me. If I wanted to have them troubleshoot it, it would be about $100 an hour, so I declined at the time. When they brought the vehicle back, the Anti-lock and brake lights were on. I sent it right back in and they said that the ABS computer lost the wheel size while they were trying to communicate with the vehicle. Once they put that in, I haven't had any other issues. Does anyone have any ideas?

I appreciate any feedback that you could give.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,323 Posts
welcome, Back!
As for the master switch, I found out that there is a small plastic nipple that wears off, I bought a used unit and did my comparison, I have no real way to fix it unless your good with thermoplastics and try to melt a new nipple back on with plastic that wont wear away, ex, Teflon. Teflon is hazardous to resipitory tract once it's burned, well melted and melting it has a small window before it burns.
As for 3rd row removal, it's been done, a few threads here and several over on Durango owners club.
the key FOB programming is not in my avenue, I can add a fob if you have 2 already

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been a long time since I've posted updates on my project vehicle. Ended getting a locksmith to program a couple of key fobs after the dealer couldn't. Also, I've replaced the ignition switch and lock, headlamp switch, lift gate struts, all 4 speakers, stereo head unit and installed new steering wheel controls. All new tires and front end bushings/control arms, Freeze plugs on the front and sides of the engine, replaced the starter and water pump. Did a cheapie LED kit for some daytime running lights.

That's it for now until I make more money...

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,323 Posts
Keep your eye looking for some of the old superchips stuff, a 3815 that is unlocked does wonders to the performance portion of your engine! typically $50-75

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.