DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 dodge ram 1500 sport and i cant find a fender or hood or bumper anywhere new or used anyone know of some place to find them they are very different from non sport models the parts dont line up and you have to modify the headlight socket is what ive learned so far from the non sport parts on my sport truck any help is apprecieated

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just cut the fenders out for the headlights. It doesn't require anything fancy. Just a die grinder and keep cutting until it fits. And I believe the hoods are the same. I don't know why there would be any difference. The grille and grille frame are different. But the hood should be the same

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Sport bumper also dips down across the middle and can be used with standard grille(leaves about a 1" gap), was a low cost fix for my high miler.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Fenders are the same, never heard of headlight shape being different. Hood is the same. Grill and bumper are different, but mount up exactly the same.
Have to cut out metal behind the head light to make room for the sport outer bulbs.
:gr_patrio

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
Have to cut out metal behind the head light to make room for the sport outer bulbs.
:gr_patrio
Is that on random trucks? I didn't have to on my 98.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I did on my 96.
I was under the impression that was all non sport thru 01.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The hoods are indeed different the sport hood is shorter and has a lot more mounting points for the grille the sport fenders are also shorter than non sport fenders I did cut out the headlight socket to make the sport ones fit but after I found the fender was longer than the old sport one and where the door and fender meet up doesn't quite line up with non sport parts I do believe 99-01 sport are completely different than previous years

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
The hoods are indeed different the sport hood is shorter and has a lot more mounting points for the grille the sport fenders are also shorter than non sport fenders I did cut out the headlight socket to make the sport ones fit but after I found the fender was longer than the old sport one and where the door and fender meet up doesn't quite line up with non sport parts I do believe 99-01 sport are completely different than previous years
The body parts are exactly the same dimensions, minus grill and bumper. You can swap them around without issue. I see a few people have mentioned the headlights are a little different. I just swapped to some dual bulb housings so I didn't have to modify anything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They're not the same I have a 99 sport an tried using non sport body parts and they are different I'm not just guessing these are direct comparisons between the two

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
They're not the same I have a 99 sport an tried using non sport body parts and they are different I'm not just guessing these are direct comparisons between the two
Are you talking about the fenders? If so, can you get pictures with measurements? This is the first I've heard about it. I've never even seen a sport/non sport option when getting aftermarket panels. Since the frames/cabs arent different, how do they bolt up with out leaving gaps, jamming the door, etc....?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you talking about the fenders? If so, can you get pictures with measurements? This is the first I've heard about it. I've never even seen a sport/non sport option when getting aftermarket panels. Since the frames/cabs arent different, how do they bolt up with out leaving gaps, jamming the door, etc....?
Yea it will be a few days but ill get some up on here I'm not sure how to post pictures though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.