1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Dodge Ram SLT Laramie 5.9 v8 4x4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
issues!!?
I have a 99 Dodge ram 4x4 with the 5.9 v8
(360ci). Had a somewhat moderate size coolant leak and got tired of buying coolant, it was leaking from the driver side end cap of the radiator. Here's where I'm at and why.. A buddy of mine gave me a radiator and ac condenser for my truck (supposedly). He failed to mention that it was for a (318ci) until it was too late. I attempted to change the rad, the PROBLEM is these damned
trans cooling lines, making them work with the replacement radiator, the hoses and fittings for the oil cooler just do NOT match up. I've been to 5 stores trying to a replacement with no success.
I even had a friend give me a external trans oil cooler to (we were hoping to just put Barb fittings on it and go that route, NOPE!) Finding the exact thread spacing for the external oil cooler has been a NIGHTMARE for it and also a NIGHTMARE for getting my cooler line fittings to work with the newer radiator. Is there ANYONE that can give me some insight on where and what route to take? I've been unable to use my truck for 7 days now and I have hit a brick wall. Any and all information is GREATLY appreciated
before I find an RPG (rocket-propelled
grenade) into the side of my truck . I
could never do that though LoL I'm just out of ideas and lacking knowledge in this area. I'm a first time Dodge/truck owner getting this truck last year, so this has been the ONLY issue that I'm having this degree of difficulty
to where I'm reaching out to ppl any and everywhere!:confused::unsure:

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
are you talking about adapting to the trans back check valve? post pictures! it makes things easier.
I went to a hydraulic line shop when I retro fit mine. not a AN6 and not a AN8. dodge has its own size. this is what they tell me.

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts