DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the schematic for electrical system for a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 4 x 4 Quad Cab Sport model?
Also, where can we get Brake Shields for the front end for these trucks now? Ebay OEM's are crazy priced. Looked at Dorman but can't find them unless someone knows of a P/N that works for the 2nd Gen trucks.

·
Red Trucker
2,221 Posts
This should help
Unfortunately it's either used or pay those prices, even LMC doesn't have them (maybe you can modify a set of third gens?). Make sure you have the right ones, there are four p/n's for those that year and the HD's are different.

ITEM PART NUMBER QTY LINE SERIES BODY ENGINE TRANS TRIM DESCRIPTION
1 SHIELD, Brake
52008420 1 1 Right
52008421 1 1 Left
52008422 1 2, 3 Right
52008423 1 2, 3 Left

RAM PICKUP/CLUB CAB (BE)
SERIES LINE BODY ENGINE TRANSMISSION
L = RAM 1500, 2500, 3500
1 = 1500
2 = 2500
7 = 2500
3 = 3500
6 = 1500

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and thanks for the PDF of service manual. I had a Chilton's book for my truck but is MIA. Has anyone ordered body parts from LMC? Just want to know what people thought of the quality and ease of installation. I'm trying to pinpoint an electrical issue with my fog lights. They stay on if I do not pull the fuse. I have a gut feeling it's the foglight switch but want to confirm before I start taking things apart. As for the brake shields , I'll take a look into , if the 3rd gen ones can be modified. I even tried Dorman but they don't make any for 2nd Gen trucks. Maybe they will soon. I'll shoot them an email , maybe I'll get lucky and receive a reply. Yeah $155 for a set of news ones is really too pricey. I get it tho. People think they have gold in their garages.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have the schematic for electrical system for a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 4 x 4 Quad Cab Sport model?
Also, where can we get Brake Shields for the front end for these trucks now? Ebay OEM's are crazy priced. Looked at Dorman but can't find them unless someone knows of a P/N that works for the 2nd Gen trucks.
Orielleys

·
Registered
27 Posts
For the shields you can check salvage yard for them--don't know $$ from there---if they're too pricey you might try to make them---there's not much to them??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts