DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Dodge Durango and I cannot get to security to go off where I can crank it can anyone help me

·
Registered
1999 Dodge Durango SLT 5.9L Magnum 4x4 153k Miles
2 Posts
I think (but am not an expert) if it is the anti theft that’s giving you issues you would have had to arm the system with the window down and just reach in and unlock the door and open it without disarming. If it is a legitimate anti theft issue just put the key into the driver door and cycle it a few times unlock unlock unlock then lock it and unlock it should disable any security lock out but a single unlock with the key in driver door should disarm it. if this doesn’t disarm the security system then I think it isn’t an actual anti theft issue but something else. If you have the black key and not the silver with the chip in it

I have the 1999 Durango SLT 5.9l 4x4

·
Registered
1999 Dodge Durango SLT 5.9L Magnum 4x4 153k Miles
2 Posts
Also if this does t work try turning the car on but not start it after you have tried to disarm it from the driver door key. Past that the security lock out is not a chip issue probably just not getting ground which is what anti theft does like flipping a kill switch and not turning it off before you start it, just find the interruption and bypass it if all else fails. (Again not an expert) I am extremely good at d/c electrical (not so much pcm wise)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts